There are three stages of the contest and six categories:
- drawing contest;
- literature contest;
- photo and film contest;
- art objects contest;
- costume contest;
- scientific project and research work contest.
Ambassador of the Republic of Senegal in Russia - Mr. Jean Batiste Tin and the First Advisor to the Ambassador - Ndiaga Bay with the family were special guests of the Forum.
At the opening ceremony the Ambassador Mr. Jean Baptiste Tin addressed the guests of the Forum with a welcoming speech. And the First Counselor's daughter, Seinabou Bay, spoke from the stage about a family tradition that many Senegalese people follow: after buying fruit at the market, many germinate the remaining pits and then plant young tree saplings in the natural environment. In this way, some families have already planted gardens with many trees. This tradition is the contribution of ordinary people to the greening of the country. Guests from Senegal presented the participants of the Forum with a young tree, Mirsina africana, as a symbol of this tradition, which they passed on to Russian children. The teenagers of the Brazilian children's environmental movement "4 Birds Fund" sent their video message via Internet.
According to the organizers, the major task of the Forum was to teach children to take care of the environment and form an environmental culture. They also plan to make the Forum an annual event, which will be held not only in Russia, but also abroad. Russia has long been a recipient of environmental innovations. Today, environmental activists within the country have accumulated a wealth of experience in environmental conservation. The Forum can become a conduit for positive environmental initiatives coming from the Russian environmental community.
Oleg Popov, President of Climate Security Fund is positive that the Forum will unite children and teenagers from different cities and countries, give them an opportunity to speak out on pressing environmental issues and offer alternative ways of solving environmental problems through art and scientific work.
At the Forum, the Fund's partners also presented their eco-projects: Russian State Agrarian University (K.A. Timiryazev Moscow Agricultural Academy), EcoTaxi Uberi, NeMuseiMusora, Tatneft Charitable Foundation, and Moscow Ice Cream LLC. In the "Rosatom" photo zone the guests of the Forum could evaluate the educational project called "The Icebreaker of Knowledge".
Photos taken at the event are available via link:
The Russian non-profit organization "Climate Security Fund" operates solely at the expense of the citizens of our country and donations from fully domestic businesses. Here are the key objectives of the Fund's work:
- to develop international cooperation of Russia on environmental issues;
- to develop ecologically-oriented project activities and build efficient communications between expert communities, business and political circles in different countries on ecological safety issues;
- to promote abroad national initiatives, significant for Russia, aimed at integrated environmental protection, social development and improvement of quality of life;
- to increase the importance of the Russian Federation in the international arena as a key agent determining the quality of the environment: ecosystem services generated on the territory of Russia are of global significance.